- Meet delivery times – by helping you control the production process.
- Manage your cash flow – by helping you keep track of stock and deliveries.
- Control product quality – by tracking items all the way through production and delivery.
- Reduce costs – by helping you become more efficient through improved planning.
- Optimise production – by helping to create a lean supply chain.
- Save time – by creating purchase orders and works orders automatically from Material Requirements Planning recommendations.
- Stay on track at every stage of production.
- Share information – see all the detail needed to stay in control of the supply chain, from raw materials to finished products.
- Track deliveries accurately with 2-way or 3-way Goods Received note (GRN) matching.
- Use workspaces which have been designed to give your business critical information ‘at a glance’ on your desktop …and much more.
You can use the Estimating module to produce estimates for one-off items or non-repetitive batches in a manufacturing environment.
If you are manufacturing in repetitive batches, production is based around the BOM.
Information for the estimate is drawn from Stock Control, the labour register, machine register and operations register. You can enter expected costs for each stage of the job, under each of the job cost types.
You can copy, print, recost, cancel and delete estimates.
Planning is based around demands. The Sales Order Processing and Estimating modules link to Planning to allow you to create demands. In Planning the Make to Stock and Sales Forecasts modules also create demands.
There are four modules in planning:
Make to Stock.
Plan production to add items to stock. These are items that are not required for sales.
Plan production to create demands with a consideration for potential sales.
MPS (Master Production Schedule)
Plan production considering all demands in the system and construct an inventory of work that needs to be done to meet the demands.
MRP (Materials Requirements Planning)
This looks at the inventory of work created by MPS. It generates recommendations for buying or making stock, in order to meet demands.
You can use the Works Orders module to record the production of parts, using components specified on the BOM or in the estimate. You can:
- Manually create batch and one-off works order records.
- Orders can also be raised automatically by the Planning module
- Link works orders to sales orders.
- Link Sub-Contract operations and post costs to the job
- Print works orders documents.
- Allocate stock.
- Issue stock.
- Scrap components.
- Substitute traceable components.
- Complete and close works orders.
- Record labour times and costs per job or per operation using the Operation Times module. You can scan labour time in ‘real-time’ or retrospectively.
You can use the Sales Forecasting module to create demands for future potential sales. Using the parameters within the system that you specify you can determine which forecasts are considered by the MRP system.
It may be that you don’t want to consider forecasts as a demand if they haven’t realised in time to manufacture them, this can be controlled by the system parameters.
For more information on the Sage 200c Manufacturing Module
Like to know more?
For further information on how Espi can help your business please contact our customer service team on 01954 213999 or leave a message using the simple contact form. A member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.